We're committed to creating happy oceans

Since 1948, the oceans’ generosity has allowed us to put dinner on the table across the country. During that time, we’ve made sure to give back by helping found Global Aquaculture Alliance, partnering with the International Coastal Cleanup to keep our beaches free of trash, and much more. It’s the least we can do for a precious resource that’s given so much. That, and giving should always be a two-way street.

We take the stress out of dinner and don’t put it on the ocean. SeaPak sources only from suppliers who work to limit environmental impact and is committed to working exclusively with those who follow the most responsible harvesting practices.


We were a Founding Member of the Global Seafood Alliance (GSA), an international, nonprofit trade association dedicated to advancing environmentally and socially responsible aquaculture and a safe supply of seafood to meet growing world food needs.

Today, the GSA Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) is the world’s leading independent aquaculture certification program. SeaPak sources aquaculture raw material rated at the BAP 4-star level whenever possible.


Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification standards require companies to comprehensively address environmental and social responsibility, animal welfare, food safety, and traceability throughout their operations. Currently, all of SeaPak’s aquaculture products come from BAP–certified sources.

All of SeaPak’s aquaculture products are sourced from suppliers who are at least 2-star BAP certified or higher. Today, 80% of all our products are the top level of BAP 4-star certified and we are progressing toward a goal of procuring 100% of our products from suppliers who have achieved 4-star BAP certification.


80% of our shrimp products are processed in Brownsville, TX. The remaining 20% of our product is produced in two other countries – Ecuador and Thailand – to maintain authenticity and quality. All facilities are certified by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the global retail authority that established benchmarks for best quality and safety practices within the food industry. The British Retail Consortium’s Global Standards (BRCGS) is an internationally recognized mark of food safety and quality. This certification is achieved by undertaking a third-party audit against standard requirements by an accredited certification body. Nearly all our products (80-85%) are processed in our BRCGS-certified Brownsville, TX facility. The remaining products are processed according to equally high standards near the sourcing location, to maintain quality. We’re continually refining our sustainability goals, to keep maximizing packaging recyclability and decreasing our environmental impact as much as possible. Additionally, our products are packed for shipping and storage in the most-efficient manner possible, further reducing carbon emissions.


Nearly all our wild-caught seafood is sourced from suppliers certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) – the preeminent organization dedicated to promoting sustainable, wild-caught seafood and guarding against overfishing – or an equivalent. Equivalent programs certifying our suppliers include the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) and the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute’s (ASMI) Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM) model. Where MSC-certified suppliers do not exist, we work to develop Fishery Improvement Projects (FIP). FIPs bring together industry groups to improve fishing practices, monitor progress, and equip fishery management with the resources needed for MSC certification.


We believe responsible aquaculture is a viable solution for ensuring that seafood can be readily and affordably enjoyed, while maintaining the wild seafood population levels and ecosystems in the ocean for years to come.